I hate people who are not serious about their meals. -- Oscar Wilde

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Motorino

Om Nomz Hero Note to Self: Learn how to pronounce stracciatella

I profess my love for Neapolitan pies often and frankly, it is what I think is what pizza should be. Motorino is a standby and a place that makes one of the best in New York City. Thankfully, the Earth only swallowed up the Brooklyn location but the East Village location is still going strong. Though smaller, everything is practically the same.



Though I usually go for the meatballs, the octopus salad is a great starter though pricey. However, it is worth every penny and a must order. It looks simple enough with a mixture of tender octopus, celery (which i noticed is the natural veggie pairing) and soft fingerling potatoes the chili flakes is what gets me in this starter. The chili flakes adds that little bit of heat and brings everything together.



Simplicity is the theme here and I went with the Stracciatella. It is a white on white pie. Stracciatella covers the canvas of this pie and it is topped with basil, olive oil and sea salt. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. A food network show could not even produce such tasty greatness. The stracciatella oozes and its puree like consistency has got you almost slurping up the cheese. You can taste every part of this pie and though people are deterred by this pie because of the lack of tomatoes, I urge you to try it or the douche-y answer, I think there is a 99 cent slice place about 4 blocks away.

Motorino
349 East 12th Street
New York, NY 10003

http://motorinopizza.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment