I hate people who are not serious about their meals. -- Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Brunch at The Breslin

Om Nomz Hero Note to Self: The Breslin needs more mounted animals on their walls


The Breslin is slowly becoming one of my favorite places to eat in New York and especially in Nomad. I am being awesome and calling this area Nomad because it sounds cool and feel trendy. The brunch menu here is something that should not be overlooked and is offered bright and early on the weekends so if you need a bit of protein after your workout, I think the lamb burger will suffice. The pastries here are good like the gooseberries coffee cake. I have really have no idea what the heck a gooseberry is and frankly, sounds dirty but I know that it works in this coffee cake. 

The gooseberries are really tart and great contrast with the sweetness of the coffee cake and sandy crumbs. One of the specials was the pork sausage roll, all made in house from the sausage up. The pastry was flaky and buttery and oozed of butter that blanketed a dense flavorful sausage. You could taste each Weight Watchers point and with a side of mustard and fried sage leaves, I could have stopped here. But I would have missed my main of the baked eggs with chorizo. The eggs were in a spicy tomato sauce and topped with slices of chorizo this was like an eggy dip. The toast crisps were really the only utensils needed to eat this dish. Only one personal complaint was I wish the eggs were a bit runnier, of the three eggs, there was only one runny egg. Brunch at the Breslin is good, though next time; I need to man up and fatty up and have at that fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich. 


The Breslin
16 West 29th Street 
 New York, NY 10001

No comments:

Post a Comment