I hate people who are not serious about their meals. -- Oscar Wilde

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Stuff I am Digging: Ines Rosales Olive Oil Tortas

The first time I saw these, I ignorantly scoffed at them, thinking,

“They look like hard tortillas, what are so special about them? Made is Spain? Dude, I will just get some pitas and toast those suckers.”


My curiosity got the best of me and I broke down and finally bought a pack of them at Despana and I was hooked. These Olive Oil tortas are crispy and flaky, like a thin, crispy pie crust of like crack. The tortas have a glaze of sugar giving it an extra boost but the kicker to the Olive Oil tortas is the anise and bits of spices sprinkled on top bringing your taste buds to another flavor dimension. The Ines Rosales tortas hails specifically from Seville and are handmade which makes accounts for the bit of a hefty price tag but it is worth it. Although you can eat these as it, try it with a bit of cheese or drizzle of honey or a combination of both! Cheese wise it pairs perfectly with assertive cheeses like goats and blue cheeses. I found out that Ines Rosales makes slight variations on these one with a hint of orange and one that lacks the sugar glaze and anise. But like Star Wars, the original one is vastly superior and should be the first ones to try for those uninitiated. 

Ines Rosales Olive Oil Tortas 
http://www.inesrosales.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment